Is there a specific word to designate casserole meaning covered dish - the kind of food offering which Americans bring in covered dishes (made of china, glass or metal) as contributions to group pot luck suppers, picnics, etc.

Fan seems too broad, too general a term.


פֿאַן is not only too broad, it designates the utensil, not the dish.
At least, I'm not familiar with it being used that way.

kugel is what is most commonly used for a whole assortment of casserole-type dishes.